The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)
Word reaches this desk that Serafino Iacono isn't in a hurry to revisit Colombia, due to the fact that he's wanted for questioning by the Colombian regulatory authories about the collapse of Pacific Rubiales and the bare-faced way in which he's set up a brand new company, Pentanova, without offering compensation to the thousands of Colombians who lost tens of millions of dollars in the previous disaster.
- As per this Monday evening there are 90.2% of votes counted, not 100%.
- President government candidateLenin Moreno has 39.09% of the votes and if he makes it to 40% + 1 vote, he wins in this round and no ballotage will be needed.
- Main opposition candidate Guiilermo Lasso has 28.38% as per this evening and is in second place.
- The Ecuador electoral body now don't expect 100% of votes counted before Thursday, so until then there will be a bit of tenterhooks.
- A PEA (the flimsiest allowed under 43-101 rules)
- A pre-tax IRR of 14%
- According to the PEA a permitting track of between eight and 15 (yeah, that says fifteen) years.
- Nobody really knows, but a capex of many many billions of dollars. Seven? Thirteen? Nobody knows! Sad!
1) Lenin Moreno (current government candidate) wins in this first round by getting at least 40% and being at least 10% ahead of the second place candidate.2) Moreno is joined by second placed candidate Guillermo Lasso in a second round run-off, that would happen on April 2nd if necessary.
UPDATE: At just before 8:30pm local time we have just been given the results of 51% of counted votes, official numbers and we're firming up towards the final score. The need to know is:
Lenin Moreno 38.26%The rest is noise. It's looking like a second round run-off.
Guillermo Lasso: 29.86%
UPDATE 2: Now 72.3% counted and the percentages remain very similar, Moreno 38.66% and Lasso 28.92%. This is now very likely going to the run-off.
IKN thanks the leader of the free world for bringing these events to our attention. Without the vigilance of him and his team we would never have known.
New track from BT and holy wow and genuflections, it's brilliant.
This is what Gustav Mahler would be doing if he were alive today. Youtube here
Regarding your comments on the short defense, I am surprised you did not consider that the criticisms you make are also applicable to the short report. You are scathing in your attacks on NAK, yet, you overlook the flaws in the short attack. Do I need to point out to you the obvious disconnect ? I understand the shorts, they stand to make enormous profits. NAK, is of course, defending themselves. What is your interest? I believe you wish to appear independent and unbiased. This string of reports puts you firmly in the short camp. This recent post has damaged your creditability with me. You do not appear to be objective, or intellectually honest. What is your interest in this matter, and how are you being compensated? How do you justify accepting the short report at face value and dismissing the defense out of hand? The short report writers are totally unqualified and do not appear to have any professionals in place. TD has much more credibility that some unknown short seller. I acknowledge they both have money at stake, but I believe TD is more credible. As always, sell side analysis must be taken with a grain of salt.If you are serious, and intellectually honest,I believe a fair and calm rebuttal of these points is required. If you choose not to, than it leaves me with the impression that you are no different that other scam artists and snake oil salesman that pollute the internet.This biased stand on NAK has led me to doubt the objectivity of your posts in general. I have been enjoying reading your work and it has often proved interesting. Thank you for addressing my concerns.
Disclosure: No position at all in NAK.